View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #16
Tony Wagstaffe
United Kingdom
Re: No touching aikido, ki extention, fakes ukes?

Quote:
Manuel Aldunate wrote: View Post
I have been thrown by him, and also try to do the same, (sometimes sensei make groups of people an let us experiment on that)

I can say, that for this kind of work UKE has to be very very very sensitive, I you stand there with a felling of "I am the great UKe nobody can moove me" of course nobody will moove you.

Instead of that, when you open your heart body and mind you start to feel the ki that is been proyecting over you.

When Sensei teach us this, you make groups of 5 up to 10 people, then one stand in front and try to moove the others, rather than moove is better to say "gather" .

I can say that if you are in front of the line you can feel the ki coming to you, but when you are at the end of the row yo just feell your partners moove so you moove too.

But I see this as a reaction of the ki that was extended over us.

Like a car crash in a highway, You may no be the first one that crashed, but one car crash other and after several crashes it gets to you.

So you can say that the origin of this reaction is the first crash.
A good uke doesn't throw himself just to make his sensei look good..... Its B.S. and always will be no matter how much "Ki" is being used!! Just the usual party tricks as far as I'm concerned and as you say you have to be very, very, very sensitive to your sensei's movement..... maybe too sensitive??
I would say that you come into the delusional, over cooperative type of aikidoka......The category that gets aikido its ridicule and critism.....
But, if you are into this type of "aikido" and just want to be part of the collusion then who am I to stop you?
Your choice, your problem when somebody comes along one day and destroys your delusion, which will happen one day if you are lucky!!

Tony