View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 10:57 AM   #7
tedehara

Dojo: Evanston Ki-Aikido
Re: Is it possible?

Quote:
Victoria Tonks wrote:
Hi all,

As I tried to explain in my introduction, my current goal is to master and teach, for many reasons. There's nothing else in life I want to do more, it's a must.

I've just turned 23, which I know in the run of things is still young, but I know people at more advanced levels have been practicing since their childhood. I'm worried that I'm too old now to achieve what I want, especially as I'm so unfit at the moment.

Is it possible to master when starting at an age of 23?
If you know that this is what you want to do, then do it to the best of your ability. If you want to improve your Aikido and need to increase your general fitness, then there are other activities you can do for that.

You will never master Aikido. You will never master any art. There may be people who call you "Master" but for the practitioner there is no mastery, only more to learn. If you think of yourself as a "Master" then you have stopped learning. Learning Aikido is a process, not a destination.

Ted (training since age 38)

It is not practice that makes perfect, it is correct practice that makes perfect.
About Ki
About You