View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 11:54 AM   #18
phil farmer
Dojo: Nacogdoches
United_States
Re: Difference between Aikido and Aikibudo

Yes, there is a great deal of tension between the two groups, Yoseikan International and Yoseikan World Federation (Hiroo Sensei) because of a lawsuit brought by Mr. Auge and because Mr. Ague has refused to follow the wishes of Minoru Sensei. It is most unfortunate that this chasm exists. The truth is that USYBA members have been told that they may not attend Auge Sensei's clinics, while USYBA and YWF welcome all martial artists, especially ones with Yoseikan as their background. I know this to be true of the world federation because I have attended the World Stage in Les Saintes Marie de le Mer and other groups from around the world work out with us every year. I am very sorry about this gap because some very talented people, on both sides, have allowed personal issues to stain the name of Yoseikan. I know in direct conversation with Master Hiroo Mochizuki that this troubles him deeply and that it troubled his father even more. Who knows, Dominic, maybe you and I can be the ones to find the peace that should exist within a family, the one called Yoseikan. I am willing to work on it.

Phil Farmer