View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 12:11 PM   #19
MattMiddleton

Dojo: MUN Aikido
Canada
Re: Worn a fitness tracker during practice?

Quote:
Walter Martindale wrote: View Post
Do you sweat during your practice? Do you get short of breath during practice? Does your heart-rate get higher than (say) 130 for any length of time (sweep second hand on a wall clock, if you get more than about 11 beats in 6 seconds, your answer is yes). Then you don't need the fitbit during practice.
On the other hand - does your sensei spend more time "teaching" than you do training, or is it brief teaching followed by lots of training? That makes a difference.
Short answer - you probably don't need a fitbit, especially not during aikido practice. Why let an app have all that personal info anyway..
Really great questions, Walter I almost always end up getting pretty damn sweaty *LOL* Wearing my fitbit is more for my own curiousity than anything else, although I definitely agree that the whole information-gathering thing is a bit dicey. I dabble in computer security, so I know how much data these things collect, and that it's not always as secure as it should be. Definitely worth keeping in mind.