View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 03:55 PM   #71
Ecosamurai

Dojo: Takagashira Dojo
United Kingdom
Re: Leaving an organisation and leaving your rank behind.

Quote:
John Burn wrote: View Post
Because this is the first teacher of the originator of this thread, he stated above about him being a 2nd dan but then also a few years back clearly knew he was also given a 7th dan from the same teacher but unlike the poster guys, his first teacher still lists himself as being connected to Maruyama sensei and his group.

This is worse, begs the question, if this was done out of his duty to his current teacher or being a senior UK teacher then why'd he not use this as the example? This is worse than original subjects and the consensus would appear the original example is acceptable behaviour.

I think this particular example (the first teacher) is in no way acceptable, other than, he was given a 7th and can claim to have been given one. Obviously he has since been promoted to 8th dan by yet another group. But his assertions to be still connected to the Yuishinkai are clearly not correct as worded and might have been more unversally accepted as not an ok thing to state.
I'm far away from a keyboard other than my phone so I'll be brief. I made an error in not posting this thread on aikiweb anonymously to properly shield those concerned and allow this discussion to be had entirely in the abstract as was my intention. I want to here and now offer my most sincere apologies to everyone involved for that mistake. It never occurred to me to think people would be singled out and discussed on the internet like this.

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."
-Martin Luther King Jr