View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #57
jackie adams
Re: The Consequences of Fighting

Quote:
Gregory Gargiso wrote: View Post
Most people aren't dangerous, but we can't allow ourselves to be lulled into a false of security.
The causes for this homeless man to be dangerous can be a result of generalizations
You have to treat and show the homeless with respect, like everyone else

You did mention addiction so you would not have to mention it?
And also me assuming or generalizing that a homeless person(s) are dangerous can actually cause them to be dangerous? Seriously ?
And what about personal choice?
Living with the homeless,while a noble effort, does not interfere with the fact of statistics.
Homeless people are more prevalent in the cities in this country where there is leniency, tolerance and more handouts, good weather also. It is a fact. I watched them almost disappear from NYC in early nineties under Mayor Giuliani. Turns out they were also committing A LOT of the crime. (See William Bratton and Jack Maple also). Most of them have migrated to towns like San Francisco or
the ones for who it was a choice. That is no small number of the general homeless population.
New York now being one of the largest safe cities in the world was no accident and it is slowly reversing itself because after Mayor Giuliani and his progenitors the will was slowly lost , etched away by liberal resistance or "understanding" "compassion" "pschology".
Giving respect to homeless people is not going to keep them from attacking you if they intend to do so, nor any other member of society.
My point is , to you Mr. Adams and others , is , I do not have to understand why a homeless person felt the need to attack me when they do. I also do not wish to kill or hurt someone, but really it takes two to tango. A noble effort to eradicate one of society's great ills and it has not been accomplished since time has been recorded!!
Hello Gregory Gargiso, and thank you for taking the time to respond to my thoughts. I do agree with what you said. Pardon my confusion and possible misunderstanding on this point. If I mislead anyone to thinking I support or advocate the eradication of the homeless, I apologize. The homeless in my view need help, we as a society are not adequately providing that help. Most people don't realize the vast variation of people who end up homeless living on the street for lots of reasons. It is sad most people only think homeless are those with drug problems, or some how decide that is the life they wish to lead. I don't think this way. In Jim's case, the moral is for me violence has consequences for all involved. Violence has its price,. Violence makes everyone pay, and doesn't care who it is.
I hope all is well this fine day.

Last edited by jackie adams : 05-05-2012 at 04:53 PM.