View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 06:19 AM   #26
Saturn

Dojo: Sudbury Aikikai & Tai Chi Centre
Canada
Evil Eyes Re: Zazen Meditation, Haragei and Focus

Actually what i do is this, I close my eyes and of course put my hands on my stomach and visualize a red glowing energy at my Hara, and I just keep that in mind, and I stay under until I go into a deep state and end up coming out of it unintentionally. It works a bit like waking up without an alarm. This can last anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes if I'm not disturbed. Now try to understand that I have been doing this for a couple of years, I let go of trying to visualize and yet the mental belief that I have a glowing sphere in my stomach temporarily becomes a reality because I can now trick my mind. Then I go under, and I never know how long I'll stay under. And then something, perhaps the limits of my ability (that day) after perhaps 30 min comes and I just snap out of it and the way my body reacts is like spasing after hearing someone jump behind me and yelling to scare me. It's one quick full bodied shockwave.

I just want to know, does this mean I've just gotten really good at this, or is this notsogood.