View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #37
ChrisHein

Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States
Re: Vantage points

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
So instead,simply ignore them, or find a way to explain it all away.

Why?
I know why.
1. How can you address the 100% failure rate of your teachers in open rooms (that is virtually undeniable).
2. The impossible scenario of almost 100% of teachers switching to what I and others are providing.
3. The fact that virtually none of you, not even one of you debating.....has demonstrated unusual power anywhere in front of anyone (as your founder was noted for).
4. I stand, in open rooms and discuss, define, and demonstrate Ueshiba's exercises and work, and then provide a means for people to start to at least understand and get power and aiki...on the spot.
5. No Aikido teacher in existence, (Japanese or otherwise that I am aware of) can or has done that for you. Not even a single one. Yet I have been and will continue to offer to help- as I was asked.

Dan
1. What teachers are you talking about?

2. I've now talked to several Aikido teachers who met you and "others", that gave the comment of "eh, not that interesting" I must have only talked to the very few who weren't interested, but that's still much less then 100%

3. That is very debatable, who is judging this "unusual power", I'm sure several of the people debating have blown their students minds at one point or another. "unusual power" is dependent on who's judging the demonstration.

4. How is it that you define "open room", Dan? Your seminars are not open rooms, I know this because you prescreen those who are allowed to come, that makes your seminars "closed rooms". When are you at these "open rooms"? I would like to meet you at one some day- they are open right? And you go to them to show your things, right?

5. You shouldn't speak for everyone. I have several teachers that have "done that" for me. I'm sure others here have as well.