View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 03:30 PM   #80
lbb
United_States
Re: Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned: Threads About Women In Aikido

Okay. Here's what Anne Marie said:

Quote:
Ummmm, Buck, I disagree with your assertion that women who practice aikido have personal issues or reasons and somehow that is the "answer" to the "woman issue" in aikido.
Here's what Philip said in response:
Quote:
Ahhh... Anne Marie (deep sigh) no, no, no, you got it all wrong.
Leaving the deep signs out of it, just what did she get "all wrong"?

Here's what Anne Marie said:

Quote:
Because if there are any personal issues they are not different from a man's experience. And we enter the dojo and continue our train for similar reasons as men. And men, too, have personal issues as well.
Here's what Philip replied:

Quote:
Ohhh...Anne Marie, I can't say it again or any other way. It is about getting past barriers for solving problems in different ways in the dojo that women can internally relate to. It's not about women vs. men.
Where, exactly, did Anne Marie say that it was "about women vs. men"?

Quote:
Why are so many hung up on that. I can't wrap my mind around it. Am I caught in some kind of nightmare!
Given your evident propensity to fabricate statements and attitudes that you then attribute to others, I find it highly ironic that you accuse others of being "hung up". If you're "caught in some kind of nightmare", it is entirely of your own making. Start listening to what people are actually saying, let go of the need to make them into foils for whatever argument you're trying to make, and I predict the nightmare will end in short order.