Dojo: Academy of the Martial Arts
United_States
Re: Daito Ryu, Yoshinkan, Taichi & Secrets

Quote:
Howard Popkin wrote: View Post
Who is that skinny guy at 3:47 ????

He falls well for a white belt

Howard Popkin
This tape was before my time. In fact, it was this tape that got me interested in Sensei Goldberg (if I remember correctly). I had moved to Connecticut on a bodyguard contract and looked him up. I had to convince him that I really wanted to train with him. I drovve from Connecticut two times a week (when I was in town and not travelling with my client).... 3 hours round trip.

I think I remember they white belt guy though from my 1990-1991 days at Sensei Goldberg's basement dojo. He was yudansha in another jujitsu system as were many of Goldberg's students.

If you interpret the clip as I do, the black belt uke was not from his crew and had enough of Goldberg's hard and tight throwing style. Then he picked one of his guys to demonstrate on....the white belt.

I can attest to his ability to throw back then. The first time he clipped me with one of those, I was literally climbing over his body to keep my shoulder and elbow from dislocating and the fall was not pretty.

I would love to see him again and see where he has gone with his art. It was a wonderful thing to feel even 16 years ago.