View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 05:16 AM   #27
Genex

Dojo: Warrington Seishin Kai
Smile

Well i started Aikido because my friend was doing it (so much for willpower eh?) and basicaly he loved it said it was well kewl, i've done Karate before but couldnt get into that so when i had my first lesson i instantly loved it how to break this limb or smash this bone and oooh i didnt know you could fly, not to mention in my first lesson we did Yonkyo which really hurt but was really kewl, then i found out we get to use swords and staffs i was over the moon, my two favourate weapons!
when we were younger we used to play robin hood (as you do) running around the forrest making our own bows out of birch wood (i live in a birch wood called Birchwood)and tightly strung stringy stuffs, we would then make staffs and swords from the same material, many finger bashings later and we were quite good at it.
self style sword fighting, cant beat it. or at least me
just got my bokken this weekend as we need it in class, i'm *really* looking forward to class.

but anyhoo thats why i joined cause my m8 said it was kewl and i trust him, and surprise, surprise he was right. (cought me offguard that one)
pete

like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick. - The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy on the Pan-galactic Gargleblaster!