Thread: Crisis of Faith
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 12:46 AM   #88
observer
United_States
Re: Crisis of Faith

Quote:
Katherine Derbyshire wrote: View Post
I think a lot of defenders of aikido should be more willing to say, "No, we don't practice that. Our focus is on [whatever] instead. Enjoy your training."
If my goal as an aikidoka is to resolve conflict without resorting to physical technique, ....
I do not agree. As we both know aikido today focuses on dancing without music with a cooperative partner or wooden sticks. No mention knees and wrists devastation with no reason. It is caused by a total misunderstanding of Morihei Ueshiba's new Martial Art concept. I wrote about it a couple weeks ago. The idea is not to prevent nor provoke, but to react only if necessary. To react doesn't mean starting a fight. Simply means to kill or to spare an opponent's life. Till we will not get it (understanding is not enough) our training is useless and creates a very dangerous illusion. We still are taking a lot of common family time giving back false expectations. Our spouse and children definitely can't count on our ability to defend them in case of facing a real threat.