View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 10:20 AM   #63
MrIggy
Dojo: Aikido Klub Tisa - Novi Sad
Serbia
Re: What do you think about the combat orientated styles?

Quote:
Demetrio Cereijo wrote: View Post
It seems for you "aliveness" is the end state, for me is the training method aimed to achieve that end state.
And if you fight the way you train, you should train the way you would fight in the specific situation. In other words it's the method and end state. That's the actual goal of "alive" otherwise it's just regular sparring. As Michael Jordan said, paraphrasing, "There were no surprises for me in the game because I would already do everything in the training gym."

Quote:
No conditioning worth the name.
Interesting.

Quote:
LOL, in the club I trained if nage's hand didn't turn purple when wrist grabbed uke was scolded.
Good old tanren. Did you do it like that from day one?

Quote:
I don't like Mr. Sly hands positioning in the clinch, I prefer cupping hand in the back of the head, not in the neck. Do not believe uke's structure can be realistically broken pushing his elbow upwards like in the clip. The head positioning in the clip is not very good to avoid being headbutted but good to cultivate cauliflower ears which will make him look more badass.
I agree with the bold part.

Quote:
Personally I consider the 2on1-russian tie a more aikido friendly way to deal with the clinch.
Have you heard of nanakyo?