View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #10
DH
United_States
Re: The Exploits of Ueshiba Morihei

Quote:
Jim Sorrentino wrote: View Post
For my own education, of course. Because I know Rob L., it will be more informative to me than if you use one of your students or training partners whom I have not felt.

I've got a long day ahead of me tomorrow, and if I don't get some sleep, I will be more of a training vegetable (or worse - a training mineral ) than a training animal - so good night!

Jim
All due respect to Rob he will be the first to tell you it will be faaaarrrr more informative for you to have me pick a few of my students over him.
I'll never do it so the point is moot,

Heres a hoot. And I hope you take it in stride and in fun.

Here is the weirdness of the internet. Rob tells you he, a yondan is nothing compared to the power of some twenty somethings who have only trained MMA and aiki- here.
Odd, but I remember you getting all fired up when...three years ago I said "I will bet I could take a guy who never trained in a martial art and train them for 5 years, in MMA and Aiki and put them up against a guy who trained for twenty years under a shihan in Aikido"
Now, One of them....that you know... has told you- in no uncertain terms- that I was, after all is said and done...correct.
Funny thing isn't it, that after all that-you *still* want to see -him- the one with twenty years in aikido-who really is no test of my skills...at all...over guys here who can hand him his head?
Where is the logic in that?
Funny thing the internet is.
I love the fact that Rob who is one of the straightest (doesn't give a crap what people think or about politics-and tests everyone..gees) guys out there is getting this stuff and is working it to death. I believe that guy is going to be one of the premier teachers to change the face of aikido in his dojos.
Quote:
I've got a long day ahead of me tomorrow, and if I don't get some sleep, I will be more of a training vegetable (or worse - a training mineral ) than a training animal - so good night!
Speaking of sleep and a big day
I have teachers and students from Aikido, Taiji, bagau, Karate, judo, MMA, Daito ryu, and Koryu coming to train tomm. So good night from me as well.

Last edited by DH : 08-29-2008 at 09:38 PM.