Old 03-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #33
Tom Verhoeven
Dojo: Aikido Auvergne Kumano dojo
France
Re: shiho nage

Quote:
Joe Curran wrote: View Post
Dear Tom,
You do indeed start all the four movements of Shiho Nage /any other waza by making a flowing movement .Not the flowing tai sabaki [ushiro tenkan]movement related to no 4 in the shiho nage .The difference is that in each case tori has to acquire a flowing tai sabaki [depending on what you want to do ]] in executing each waza.The forms may change , but the principles remain the same.Its all about Where /When ?How.
Where =Position of Tori in relation to Uke.When =timing[Early /Late/Mutual. How=what you decide to do in relation to the aforementioned and in relation to how your Uke attacks/responds.
Cheers, Joe.
Hello Joe,
Thanks for responding so quick.
I could not agree more with you. It can be said of any technique in Aikido. But I still am in doubt if I am drawing a correct image of the way you do this. Has nothing to do with your effort, am just not good with descriptions. Just set up a new greenhouse. First thing I did was to toss away the description. Kept the drawing. Had no problem at all setting the thing up. Had a look at the description afterwards and still did not understand it.
Can it be found on youtube?. Otherwise you 'll just have to show me sometime
Greetings from the Auvergne,
Tom