Old 04-02-2013, 12:53 AM   #2
JJF

Dojo: Vestfyn Aikikai Denmark
Denmark
Re: Greetings from Germany

Quote:
Tapio Hyvönen wrote: View Post
Hi everybody
I started Aikido about 1 ½ years ago and since then I've been training for about 12 months. Actually I come from Finland but am now (again) in Germany. I started Aikido in Germany, but have been training also in Finland.

It's interesting to see how different the ways to train Aikido, as well as the people training Aikido, are. What I personally really appreciate in training is that the techniques really work. This is one of the reasons I really liked training Nishio style Aikido. And actually by searching for something about Nishio on Google, I ended up finding this forum.

-Tapio
Hi Tapio

Welcome to the forum. Some years back we always had a lot of people from Finland at our easter seminar with Nishio. During the past decade however they have visited less frequently.

We have just had the seminar of this year with Arisue Sensei - long time student of Nishio sensei and a very kind and competent instructor. Some Germans attended the seminar. From Rostock and Berlin for example. Maybe next year you can join us as well

Hope you enjoy Aikiweb.

JJ

- Jørgen Jakob Friis

Inspiration - Aspiration - Perspiration