View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 08:32 PM   #47
Mark Jakabcsin
Dojo: Charlotte Systema, Charlotte, NC
United_States
Re: Aikido does not work at all in a fight.

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Hi Mark
What do we measure the contention by?
1.The hundred or so who have gone out to meet Ark, Mike and I?
Or
2.A few frustrated posters that appear occasionally on a forum?
I hear ya, Dan but these last few threads have still been a bit of a surprise to me. You know I've been on the forums for a fair number of years and I predicted those that didn't get the first hand experience would have had the sense to quiet down until they did. Silly me.

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Heres another thought
3. How about the twenty or so I have met who have told me they were very pleased at all the discussion and were delighted that aikiweb let it come to light.
Since none of these people -including those training with Ark and Mike-seem to be backing off, rather their numbers are growing, at what point will we arrive in the near future with so many saying (like Ellis has in past) "Aiki web was where all the interesting discussions were at."
Oh please do not get me wrong, I have been generally happy with the discussions, once the.......(how to put this nicely)..........unnecessary stuff has been scrapped away. Over the years, having been a part of the unnecessary stuff many times myself I do my best to be tolerant. (Before anyone feels the need to flame me on that comment it is not directed at anyone specifically at this time…..however if that changes I will let you know!) Honestly I have hopes that the discussion will continue for a long time to come and there will be many more posts to provoke thought, discussion and heated debate. Your recent posts on E-budo have been great, more, more, more.

Take care,

MJ