View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 05:50 PM   #41
DH
United_States
Re: Aikido does not work at all in a fight.

Quote:
Mark Jakabcsin wrote: View Post
Girl, you speak the truth here. When I think of the times my passions got the better of me on this medium and how poorly I communicated I generally give an embarrassed little chuckle or half-snort of disapproval. Tough, tough medium but it has been educational.

The strange thing about the threads going on right now, is the negative and overly defensive tone has gotten worse not better. This is a surprise to me as I expected once folks started reporting back the tone would change for the better. Miss judged that one....perhaps I shouldn't buy that Enron stock I have been thinking about.

MJ
Hi Mark
What do we measure the contention by?
1.The hundred or so who have gone out to meet Ark, Mike and I?
Or
2.A few frustrated posters that appear occasionally on a forum?

Heres another thought
3. How about the twenty or so I have met who have told me they were very pleased at all the discussion and were delighted that aikiweb let it come to light.
Since none of these people -including those training with Ark and Mike-seem to be backing off, rather their numbers are growing, at what point will we arrive in the near future with so many saying (like Ellis has in past) "Aiki web was where all the interesting discussions were at."

In the fullness of time I believe many others will echo Ellis's comment and will thank Jun for his generosity and tolerance. Hell they already have.

I agree with the idea of "passion and this being a tough medium." it is very diffcult to breakthrough with this idea of training. But I can't but help agree as I look at the amount of hits and thread counts, as well as the aforementioned people spending time and money to travel that it has indeed been looked upon as " educational."
I guess I am more optimistic now-I wasn't before. Most who have felt it, want it for themselves.I think a few are actually going to attain it, and they will teach others.
It should NOT go unoticed that all..dare I repeat...ALL have come back with reports of the teaching being very open, a positve experience, that moved folks forward and laid out things in simple terms and walking away with some beneficial training tools.
There was NO contention. I think its been a very positve step.

Last edited by DH : 02-18-2008 at 05:59 PM.