View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #17
Buck
United_States
Re: Aikido and Bushido

Quote:
Rennis Buchner wrote: View Post
. Anyways, it seems to me that rather than creating much new, Ueshiba was just taking bits and pieces of already existing ideas and using what spoke to him in a rather haphazard way. I think a lot of the idea of him creating a totally new art for today's world was, while possibly some of his intent, also a bit of a PR job after the fact. I've just noticed that most of the hallmark points of aikido many talk about I have come across in traditions much older. Again, not being 100% original doesn't make the end goal any less worthy so maybe it is not so important in the grand scheme of things.
Rennis said it well, and that is what I have been saying in numerous threads. Rennis said it quite nicely. Now to throw out something I have been holding back, something I wanted to say when I discussed Aikido and String theory, but at the time would have been too much, and Rennis touch on it in combination with what I quoted him saying. That is is old budo geometry that is only the equation. It is what you do with that equation that sparks interest and underlines the mysticism. So what if that process of the equation is fractal geometry? Aikido and Bushido is then fractal. Fractal ( iteration being stressed with the idea of "infinitely complex" ) plays a new dynamic in the way we approach and see waza? In the most simplist and entertaining ways to think about it, nature, shintoism, Aikido and Bushido, and fractal fits right in.

Questioning as I said before is important, and not being dependent on what others tell you, but rather it coming from yourself and your own discoveries really enhances your practice of Aikido, and leads you to the heart of Aikido and to it being a Budo.

Last edited by Buck : 05-19-2009 at 10:33 PM.