Thread: Mac Vs. PC
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 06:30 PM   #8
maikerus
Dojo: Roppongi Yoshinkan Aikido / Roppongi, Tokyo, Japan
Japan
Re: Mac Vs. PC

Hi Dustin,

I also work with both Mac's and PC's on a daily basis. My personal preference is PC however, as Spike stated, their are advantages to both.

I also agree that the bundled software is better with the Mac, however the same or similar software is available for the PC. I think the main difference is that the PC is more about "choice" in that there are lots of programs out there that do the same thing in various ways for various prices whereas for the Mac you have a limited selection and have to make do, albeit the programs are usually good.

WRT the crashing and freezing. My PC and my Mac freeze about as often as each other. Now that the Mac runs on a real OS (as opposed to OS 9.x or anything before) these little quirks are inevitable.

One HUGE thing to watch out for is the way dragging and dropping for copying works. On the PC if you drag a folder over and if the same folder exists it asks you if you want to replace the files inside of it. When you do, it leaves the other, unique files in that folder alone. On a MAC it asks you if you want to replace the folder...so the whole folder gets replaced and anything that was unique in that folder is gone forever This is hugely STUPID, but as a lowly Apple Solutions Expert I don't pull much weight with Cupertino <sigh>

My few yen,

--Michael

Hiriki no yosei 3 - The kihon that makes your head ache instead of your legs