Thread: Farewell Aikido
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:26 AM   #18
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: Farewell Aikido

Quote:
Jonathan Olson wrote: View Post
I'm sorry you didn't find any good aikido. Good aikido doesn't require faith, the feeling of being slammed into the mat is a straightforward physical fact. Any teacher worthy of the title should be able to do that to a beginner with no MA experience.
Dear Jonathan,
What makes you think that the writer Insanity did not find good Aikido? The aikido was probably good, it was Insanity who was lacking/had issues. As far as I am concerned he /she was simply deadwood.Apart from paying the dojo subs what did the person bring to the party?Zero.The usual martial arts butterfly-floats from one art to another.Our mystery contributor [courageous soul-doesnt even want anyone to know his /her identity] is a plastic samurai if ever was one.No big loss to the aikido community.What we need is committed people not part timers.I get so fed up wasting my time trying to teach people who jump ship within a month .I say give me two students who are keen rather than 50 who are deadbeats.Why do these people enter an Aikido dojo? Anything worthwhile takes time and effort to master.
Cheers, Joe