View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 10:56 AM   #35
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States
Re: Steven Seagal seems like a jerk teacher. A bit at least...

Quote:
Ashley Carter wrote: View Post
In several of his movies, someone he loves (daughter, lover, etc) has been abducted or something similar. If you were going out to try to save someone, would you not have a little aggression and perhaps be a bit more violent then neccessary?
Sure. And what if they dismembered someone you loved and kept their torso alive on a hot griddle, slowly roasting?

Sick idea, isn't it?

Isn't it sick to dream up garbage like that and post it for others? And isn't it sicker to film something like that and make it more and more gruesome until people desire to see the person who "did" it be likewise tortured (Steven Seagal style) until bones pop out of their bodies and he actually gouges their eyes out of their heads (Marked for Death, was it?)?

The point of the whole thing is that Seagal and Chuck Norris both go to great lengths to build up these inhuman monsters and to stir people's desire to see violence done to them. That is the sick and evil part of what they do (along with the hyper violence, of course).

Quote:
Judging someone from movies just doesn't seem fair to me.
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
Luke 6:44-46

His movies speak of the abundance of his heart, as someone said above, he just seems to desire to hurt people. You let his evil into your mind, you let him hurt you, too. His sick movies have hurt a lot of people and they have hurt aikido.

Quote:
As far as judging from videos, how do you know he is being mean to his uke? If the uke has stuck around that long obviously it doesn't bother them and chances are they can take the fall just fine. I wouldn't mind sensei throwing me about if I knew how to take the fall.
I didn't mention Seagal's video training clips. I said if you saw O Sensei acting like that in his videos, you'd think he was a super jerk, too.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com