View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #135
Cady Goldfield
United_States
Re: The Way of Aiki

Quote:
Hugh Beyer wrote: View Post
Lee Salzman wrote:
I think there is a danger in equating IP with alignment and structure....[lots more good stuff]

Good post here. It also offers some insight into what O-Sensei was trying to show when he did goofy things like having someone push on his head, hip, or knee. As Lee said--every point is supported. It doesn't matter where you touch, you get the same result. It really is right there in front of us.
Again I will clarify that nowhere was it stated that structure is IP/aiki. I'm not sure where Lee got the idea of that.

Aligning the joints is the FIRST STEP toward manipulating structure, and thus is the FIRST STEP toward developing IP skills and an aiki body. Nothing more, nothing less.
There was plenty of "good stuff" in Lee's post, but it is way beyond the processing point for what someone without prior internal training is ready to read about. What I offered was for beginners and individuals with no or little exposure to this kind of training, as a baseline starting point. Others here are discussing internal training amongst themselves, at the levels they're at. Let's try to keep the two separate so that there aren't heaping layers of confusion for those just learning about this stuff.