View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 02:31 AM   #17
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: YouTube: Tsuruzo Miyamoto at 2013 World Combat Games

Quote:
Yannis Mousoulis wrote: View Post
Dear Joe.
I appreciate the way that you respect my opinion and believe me, I respect yours even more since you have personal experience with this teacher.
My comments were not about him generally but what I got from that specific video, again filtered through my experience and perception of aikido.
Off course, you can't judge anyone through a mere video and if you don't feel the technique on your body you can't actually know.
On the other hand, since the video was on and everyone was telling their opinion, I thought I'd share mine whether positive or negative, so I did.
But a taste of his technique on me could possibly change my mind since nothing compares to personal experience...
Hi Yannis,
I have no problem if anyone has a different viewpoint from myself.You expressed what you thought of the video.I respect you for calling it as you perceive it.No problems here.
As you say, you cannot always tell or judge somebody by a video, especially on a demo.
I am sure if you met Miyamoto Sensei and trained with him you would more than likely come away from the encounter with a different 'take' on his work.
By the way, are you the gent on facebook who ssems to like fashionable gear?Do you live in Athens? Do you know Jenny Flower/Matt Teale/Ari Sinavellis?? Cheers, Joe