View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #11
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: YouTube: Tsuruzo Miyamoto at 2013 World Combat Games

Quote:
Yannis Mousoulis wrote: View Post
I see no posture, I see no balance, I see no connection, I see no...aikido. Unnecessary little moves to regain balance,no control over uke, even though the attacks are ridiculous.
At one instance, after ha has disarmed the bokken, the way he holds it would have cut his hand completely if it was a real sword and it's supposed to be real.
Zanshin? Maai?Concentration?Nothing. The way he walks in between techniques looks like he is drunk or half asleep.
No warrior spirit whatsoever. No wonder why people misunderstand aikido after this kind of demos!
Dear Yannis,
While I appreciate that you have expressed you viewpoints which clearly are diametrically the opposite of my own ,I welcome your words. Can I ask you this question have your ever met or trained with Miyamoto Sensei? As someone who knows Miyamoto Sensei over a period of years, I can testify that Miyamoto Sensei certainly does not lack the qualities which you suggest he does not have eg Zanshin, Maai etc.I personally wish I had a some of his skllls. As a parting suggestion from myself ,assuming you have never met Miyamoto Sensei, why not have a practice with him?Maybe you would change your mind about his work?Cheers, Joe

Last edited by akiy : 11-06-2013 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Fixed typo