View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 07:38 PM   #415
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Team Combat USA
United_States
Re: The continued Evolution of Aikido

Reading through the threads over the last couple of minutes it appears that maybe your concern is that you simply have a very limited exposure to aikido or maybe competent instruction.

You talk about hands down at the sides, and turning your back to some one to name two just on this page.

You also offer videos of sensei or Others that you seem to think are doing good aikido...which from the videos I have seen I have no issue with.

OR,

You may not quite understand martial methodology or training methodolgies.

It took me several years to figure this one out until I had a larger exposure to some good martial artist and a sound basis as a training officer in a large combat training center for the Army.

Aikido may not fit the bill for your objectives. As I stated it does not completely fit mine, but serves as a integral methodology over an overall combined integrated training strategy.

Bad aikido certainly does not fit my objectives and there is plenty of that going on out there I am sure.

The objectives of aikido are fairly well established by most Shihan. Again, I have the fortune I suppose of studying under a Shihan that was an Ucshideshi of O'Sensei (although not directly these days) and maybe you have not had these experiences.

Another specific and direct question:

What do you think about the aikido performed in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp1WNUThJ9E

I hope that you will specifically identify the exactly model of evolvement in something other than "effective against other martial arts".

It is simply too vague and open ended for me to really discuss in any productive manner.