View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 02:16 PM   #15
Misogi-no-Gyo
Re: Aikido™ and Aiki…do. Where are we at?

Quote:
Ron Tisdale wrote: View Post

Hi Shaun,

Oh yes you are! And you are right...

Best,
Ron
Well, I don't know... I am still trying to figure out how I got lured back out into the open after hiding myself away for the past two years.

On another note, I actually stumbled across Popkin Sensei's seminar this past Friday evening. (Hi Howard) I was only able to observe, so I really could not comment with any certainty as to the relevance to these discussions. However, what I will say is that it reminded me of the first class on the first day when I met Abe Sensei. My journal entry that night read, "Ah Ha! Magic does exist." I would imagine that these were merely basic DR-Aiki concepts filtered trough an aikido paradigm (so as to be easily absorbed by the uninitiated Aikidoka) rather than the mid or higher level DR techniques I would like to see and experience. Alas, I was a bit misty-eyed for those guys knowing what it was like to have my eyes snapped wide open for the first time. While it may certainly be humbling, especially given the number of years some of the participants have been on the mat, there is no time like the present to open oneself to enlightenment.

I no longer participate in or read the discussion forums here on AikiWeb due to the unfair and uneven treatment of people by the owner/administrator.