View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 07:27 PM   #6
eyrie

Australia
Re: Aikido™ and Aiki…do. Where are we at?

Quote:
William Hazen wrote: View Post
What do you know of Misogi? How long have you practiced it? How much time each day do you devote to practice? How many of the few things I have mentioned do you or have you practiced?
Enough... Every moment - even lifting a teacup takes effort and "practice"... All of the above.

Quote:
You say you're frustrated with your practice and your not getting any older
Did I say that? Where?

Quote:
Start with Misogi and we'll talk in 6 months If you don't notice a distinct differance in your efforts at practice Well then... The stinky Puna Purple Haze be on me Brah!
Well... I think I'm a little bit past that... It's always interesting to see the assumptions people make BUT it still doesn't address the question... telling someone to go practice something without saying what "IT" is that they are supposed to be practicing or why, is... not very helpful.

I don't disagree that time, effort and commitment to practice everyday is required. But that's not the point of the question....

I can show someone in 2mins how to throw a bigger/stronger person simply by standing in hanmi, with arms outstretched. Usually takes them about 5mins to actually "get it", depending on how fast they can create and maintain the necessary synaptic and proprioceptive pathways. Sure it might take them a few months or years (depending on how much and how often they practice) before they can do it at will and on-demand, but at least they get the gist of it up front - not after years of hit-and-miss self-discovery.

So if you believe that Aikido™ already has this AikiPower™, and that this IMA/Aiki...do is no big deal, why not share what you think "it" is... for everyone's edification?

Ignatius