View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #93
DH
United_States
Re: Motorcycle Girl in Chernobyl Dead Zone

Quote:
David Orange wrote: View Post
I think we'll have to recalibrate your scale, after Fukushima. I think the whole situation just reversed.
Still think that?
What a difference a day makes, huh? Now we have SIX (6) reactors blown off the charts and the radiation is growing at an incalculable rate.
Like, maybe...on the moon?
David
Make a percentage of risk that is a calculable choice then.
Now we have coal fired electrical plants spewing mercury into the water and Sulfur Dioxide into the air, poisoning the world.

Now add in all the people who want to go home at 5:00 and plug in their "green cars" as they walk in and turn on their air conditioners and think they are saving the planet... as the coal fired plants serve them electricity.
We have Windmills that are killing the raptor population (including about a hundred bald eagles a year in the US alone).
What the hell kind of plans are these? Everything is a trade off.
It may sound great on the tee vee, but it's no plan. We don't have a plan, we haven't through effective solutions yet. We have air craft carriers and Subs running on Nuclear power for 30 years. We can do it right, if we tried.
No real argument from me either way, Dave. I'm hopeful someone comes up with more effective solutions.
All the best
Dan

Last edited by DH : 08-25-2011 at 09:21 PM.