View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #16
mathewjgano

Dojo: Tsubaki Kannagara Jinja Aikidojo; Himeji Shodokan Dojo
United_States
Re: Masakatsu Agatsu

Quote:
Allen Beebe wrote: View Post
LOL!  Just for context, my posts were (I thought at the time) in response to Mathew's curiosity about two terms I was familiar with from Buddhism.  I've never heard those two terms related to a "Ki" conceptuality. And I didn't read the quote of Mr. Gillies, so the thought to relate those terms to Ki never occurred to me.  

For those interested in learning more about Jiriki and Tariki, in the context of Buddhism, there is plenty of scholarly material available in a multitude of languages on that topic. 

Mr. Gillies is obviously as capable of explication, elaboration, and providing support for his ideas as the many other members of this forum.  

I'll leave you to it!

Allen
The quote was in relation to ki, but I was curious about applying jiriki and tariki generally to the idea of "proper spirit" in whatever contexts different people might hold for it. I have little to no understanding of these terms so I'm wide open to any contexts people would like to frame them with. Any further insights you'd have would be very much appreciated!
Take care,
Matt

Gambarimashyo!