View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 01:20 AM   #42
budokid
Philippines
Re: Tracing my Philippine Aikikai Roots

Arnold:

Read the posts coming from the practitioners of the "Affiliated" organizations. I can now see why Sensei Camar is preventing you from being in contact with them lest you get "corrupted".

And your previous story is right - Macapawa borrowing yudansha from Quiapo in order to promote her Affiliated Dojo. And now, this is what Manila Aikido Club gets in return after the dojo got its introduction to the public.

John

Quote:
Arnold Mina wrote: View Post

Ritchie, I was a yudansha from Manila Aikido Club. I practiced with Senseis Alex, Ahmed, Sonny and others in the early 90's to 2001. I don't intend to demean my former dojo but I am merely trying to open your mind. During our time, inasmuch as we desire to participate with visiting shihans or senseis from other countries, we were scared to do so because the old man will surely kick us out of the dojo if we did in fact participate. That was my main concern. Learning aikido shouldn't be confined to the four corners of the dojo. There's a lot to learn from seminars and aikido expos. Think about it.