View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #18
Howard Prior
United_States
Re: Internal Strength in sparring

Quote:
Budd Yuhasz wrote: View Post
Having gotten hands on with some of the internal exponents often mentioned in these discussions....Then the guy that hit me harder than anyone else ever has...tells me how this CXW guy makes a concrete building shake when he stomps his foot. I have to say, it continues my interest in wanting to feel what people are doing....So after spending some time (a few years) doing some conditioning, skill-building - I don't grapple the same way.... I don't extend local muscle local muscle the same way to the hands....I'm a lot harder to take down than before....When you try to submit me, it's harder to trap me as I can typically feel the setups much better than before....I can hit you harder with less movement than I could before....So, these are things I've found in basic application of my IS pursuits....Do I get tagged or tapped? Hell, yes . . nothing makes you invincible....Having proven, to myself at least, that there's value in application from the benefits training in IS provides, I'm back on the perch of focusing on the IS skill building/conditioning and trying to express it through the (not really, but sorta) narrow lens of my aikido.
Thanks for sharing your experience.