View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #9
Dazzler
Dojo: Bristol North Aikido Dojo
England
Re: Ideas needed for new Dojo.

Quote:
Mary Malmros wrote: View Post
But DON'T do either one of these if you aren't committed to keeping it fresh (and if you've never done that before, be very cautious). Nothing turns people off more than a stale website or facebook page.
Hi Mary...agree to a point...but for a new start up, most visitors are going to have fresh eyes.....Have just branched out myself and my emphasis is on getting the bodies in the door rather than numbers on my web page.

Once i'm up and running with a core of students..then yes I think the website needs to be interesting.

I've just invested in a large sign....hardly revolutionary marketing strategy I know....but at least people in the area know that there is Aikido available...and how to access it. The sign directing those interested to supporting info on the website or my phone no. is all they need to get to me.

After that my amazing good looks, charm and sophisticated Aikido artistry does the rest

Cheers

D

ps..I know it works ...I've only been open 5 years and I've already got 2 students...although the dog does look a bit odd in his hakama