View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 03:28 PM   #130
Erick Mead

Dojo: Big Green Drum (W. Florida Aikikai)
United_States
Re: Demonstrating aiki, demontrating aikido.Same thing ?

Without repeating the profane reaction just made -- it neither demonstrates aiki nor aikido ... I am sincerely interested in the source of that kind of visceral emotional, provocation or reaction -- simply from a set of carefully worked out observations based on facts, experience and and some straightforward physiology -- though not often seen applied in this context.

I've worked on developing these concepts -- in the open here for the most part -- in discussions groups and put them into context and development in blog posts -- It looks like somebody reads my blog posts, since it's in the top ten by views, if not comments. Not that this was my aim in writing them by any stretch. In fact, I am somewhat surprised at that, since I'll be the first to admit this technical an approach is not everyone's cup of tea -- whihc others have also said -- though in more endearing terms.

But knowledge isn't in preference to or in place of anything in any particular art or form of training. It is simply a way of categorizing and describing demonstrable actions and their causes in neutral terms that are not culturally bound. This may inform lots of ways of training-- but it is not dependent on nor require any particular method of training to make use of the knowledge -- so it ought not be a rice-bowl issue to anyone.

So truly, I wonder where it comes from and why. Is it the just loss of the mystique ? What ?

Cordially,

Erick Mead
一隻狗可久里馬房但他也不是馬的.