View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 01:20 PM   #129
Carsten Möllering

Dojo: Hildesheimer Aikido Verein
Germany
Re: Demonstrating aiki, demontrating aikido.Same thing ?

Quote:
Erick Mead wrote: View Post
... and it is those very concrete physical terms that I have sought and -- to some greater or lesser degree -- captured.
First I have to admit, that I don't really understand your "five basic mechanisms" because I simply lack the knowledge of physics. Simply not my buiseness, so this language doesn't speak to me ...

... which leads to my first question:
Does this knowledge help you to teach your students? Do they get what you mean and can they transform it into movement?

And - second question - can you? Does this knwoledge help you to delve into yourself, to change your body and soul and to develop new abilities?

But what is most important to me:
The language that is traditionally used does not only cover the physical aspects, but has also a energetic, psychological and spiritual Dimension.
Can you re-connect your physical language to those other dimensions? Do you want or need that after all?

Finally:
The phenomenon oft the language that is traditionally used to transmit knowledge in the context of CMA, Daoism, Buddhism, Shintō, ... aikidō ... has been studied scientifically at great length.
I think what you understand as imprecise, vague or ambiguous actually was intended. This language is a vehicle of transmission of knwoledge in itself. It is my actual experience that most important parts of the transmission get lost when it ist "demythologized" by converting it's meaning into only physical aspects.