View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 03:12 PM   #27
Rupert Atkinson

Dojo: Wherever I am.
United Kingdom
Re: UFC 2.0 Ultimate Fighting Cancer

Just saw the news about Stan Pranin and Cancer ... we all have to be careful !!!

My son has just had chemo #18 and is out for the count again ... takes about a week for him to be up and about. Then a week or so of normality then another chemo etc. So far he has been doing well. He has regained his weight and gained some. The primary tumour has shrunk considerably, secondary ones are untraceable. His 54 week programme finishes in April. Then what - not sure - re-assessment of some sort. His hair started growing back - again - after the last round. We consider ourselves lucky ... some have not been so ...

Despite all this ... his life is getting a bit easier. His mum is going back part-time teaching, and I have just started teaching in a new school. It's nowhere near normal but feels a bit more normal.

I have been following a self-training regimen for years now and it has proven very useful over the last year. Kinda keeps you sane. I go to the occasional practice or seminar but, to be sure, I get 100 times more out of training by myself.

Just off to the pharmacy to get his post-chemo meds. One of them, I heard, an injection, costs $1,000. He has had it after every chemo. In NZ it is free for us, as has been everything ... so those of you in Trumpland - I advise you to study the NZ and South Korean medical systems. Both are very good. Korea actually seems better than NZ for many things (lived there 15 years).