View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 08:58 AM   #31
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Re: Henry Wang sifu's no touch

Quote:
Philip Burgess wrote: View Post
Marc, I have never met you, and I am really unclear what issues you may have. You are welcome to PM. But I don't believe the use of this forum is for the direction you are heading. Aikiweb, I feel, is a place to share knowledge for the betterment of those who come here seeking knowledge. I didn't believe that early on, and made an ass of myself behaving disrespectfully. Sadly, I subscribed to that and the disrespecting of the forum, due to misreading this forum. Jun, I believed, worked hard at getting the forum back on track. And I didn't see that or respect that. And that reflected badly on me.

But, I took some time off and re-evaluated my behavior and attitude on this forum. I feel disrespecting others with insults and jabs publicly on a forum is disrupting and disrespectful to the purpose of the forum and readers seeking information.

Therefore, because I no longer have interest to continuing to engage in senseless bickering and insults and such behaviors, as I demonstrated. I hope those who I have had such engagements will see my efforts. And as a result, we can establish a mutual respect in our words and posts, and thus, we can move on toward respectfully sharing our experiences and knowledge - what ever that maybe.

In all sincerely,
Buck:

Believe or not, I am not trying to belittle you. You write about things in a manner that many of us interpret as coming from a "keyboard warrior." These types of people add little to serious discussions because of a true lack of experience and knowledge and are typically posting for attention-seeking purposes. I cannot think of another person on this forum who has steadfastly refused to talk about actual experience, current experience, past, present teachers,...... I am simply asking for some hard, cold facts so that we can honestly evaluated where you are coming from when you post. There should be no shame in stating that one has no real experience or knowledge and is seeking such. There should be no reason why someone should not want to be open and honest with others as to what one's real experiences are. I cannot think of any legitimate reason as to why you try and hide the facts about your martial arts experience, particularly when it is so frequently called into question because of the nature of your posts. You have been and are continuously given the benefit of the doubt by many. What is your obligation to try and set the record straight as to who you are and what you can do and what you represent?

True martial arts begins with integrity in all aspects of ones' live. Standing behind and in front of one's words should be a simple prerequisite. The beauty about martial arts is that one cannot hide behind one's words. That only exists on cyberspace. The integrity of an honest answer from you simply allows us to appropriate evaluation information. There are a good number of us that dedicate our lives towards what we do. We put in countless hours and remarkable costs to do what we do. When we engage in these discussions, we are open about who we are, what we do, what we think..... This allows us to be able to process information efficiently in order to help us along the way.

Stop deflecting legitimate questions and step up to the plate so that we can continue discussions with a genuine understanding as to the person behind the information.

Sincerely,

Marc Abrams