View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 05:08 AM   #236
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: The fact that you believe a nuclear plant can explode....

Quote:
Tenyu Hamaki wrote: View Post
My goal isn't to change nuclear policy and I never said it was. I don't blame anyone for the human condition especially the most politically powerful people who have the least free will of all. Really I have just as much compassion for the global oligarchy as I do for anyone else. But using the word democracy, a utopian idea, reinforces the culturally inherited lie we're raised with. That's one of the fundamental problems with our society, it's filled with reality-negating stories and myths. It permeates everything, it has to in order to perpetuate this unconscious path of disconnection and destruction. This multi-millenia Age Of Separation is playing itself out and we're riding its climatic exponential transition. It is up to us how we experience, create, and relate to change. All I'm advocating for is awareness(becoming nage), and that itself is a revolution in a world dominated by uke and the myths of uke.

"Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple."
-Bill Mollison

"We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive.

A human being is part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Albert Einstein
Tenyu.
I thoroughly agree with that quote by Albert Einstein. i'm glad and don't doubt your compassion. However it means we must also be aware of those factors within ourselves which undermine our own compassion.

For instance: Acceptance. If you were to focus on something and see what you can accept about it and then also see what you would rather not accept about it you will see how non-acceptance is also a way we trap ourselves and individuate and thus destroy our own compassion.

My view is that once you can fully accept something and feel good about it only then can you move to find a better way. Therefore it would be quite a skill to be able to point out facts to people in such a way that they gain understanding without encouraging their unacceptance but rather to lead them to a better solution.

Whatever the solution will be it would have to include the public, or may I say a more aware public involvement. The reality is that there would thus be policy change.

The better future if there is to be one therefore would be more to do with less 'separation' and whether you call that a better form of democracy or you come up with a new term for me is merely a matter of semantics.

I also think that compassion itself leads a person to look for a better solution and thus come up with possible goals at least. So for policies to change, even if the policies are that there will be no nuclear plants I suggest are part of a compassionate view. Denying it in yourself is denying your own compassion.

I don't mean that as a put down of you for denial of such in myself or in anyone else is also a denial of part of our own compassion.

Regards.G.