Aikibu
Dojo: West Wind Dojo Santa Monica California
United_States
Re: Aikido and Bushido

Quote:
Carsten Möllering wrote: View Post
Hi

Hm.

Was Ueshiba chief of the Oomoto kyo Security?
Did they have prisons?
Did people "disapear"?
Have people been tortured?
I specifically mentioned O'Sensei possible "shame" of his past as a reason for the developemnt of his Post War Aikido Philosphy. Did you miss this?

Quote:
Was Ueshiba connected to the right wing, ultra nationalist politicians?
What about the black dragon society?
Did they meet in his dojo?
What about the Mongolian/Mandchurian "adventure"?
See my above reply...Do you consider His Pre War Aiki-Jujitsu practice Aikido? There are some who would make a distinction between the two...

Quote:
]Is Aikido only japanese?
Why can't a westerner become hachidan?

What about high graded teachers, injuring their studends on purpose and being renowned for that?

Are there realy no stains?

Carsten
I group all these questions together...It would appear you glossed over my posts and reacted Argumentum ad Absolutum.

If you can show where folks who have committed acts of war mass slaughter rape murder or torture AND have done so in the name of "Pre or Post-War" Aikido then by all means feel free to post the information here for my enlightenment...

As for the rest of your complaints some Like the Japanese Xenophobic protection of "thier" Martial Arts does still exist... However the Hachidan complaint does not apply just to Aikido does it....and indeed I can think of one outstanding Menkyo Kaiden of a Japanese Koryu who is Gaijin.. Toby Threadgill...Now it is true he may not reach Hachidan but with each new generation of Martial Artist that "barrier" my be breached in our lifetime...

And like me get this straight... Because some High Grade teachers act like Assholes all of them do??? And they act this way in the name of Aikido??? Where in Aikido's Philosophy does it allow for folks to act like assholes??? And how does this compare to Bushido exactly???

Don't get me worng Carsten...I have personal experiance with this complaint.. but not once did I think to "blame" Aikido when this Sensei tried to hurt me. And since I out weighed him by about 70 pounds it was simply a matter of "correction by physical suggestion"

Willaim Hazen