View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 07:51 AM   #5
Psufencer

Dojo: Lower Providence Aikido
United_States
Re: How do I attempt to change that?

Yeah, I've got to chime in on this one. I have always had problems getting up and doing what needs to be done, whether it's work, school, or training in whatever sport I've gotten myself into. I am not blessed with a great deal of initiative or self-starting power. But a lot has happened in the last few years to prod me into changing my ways, and now I think it's finally happening. To some degree, it's just that I'm tired of not being what I know I could be, only because I'm lazy. The regret I feel over that alone is enough to spur me on a bit. But I also have health concerns. I am not overweight or unhealthy, but my father's entire family line has had adult-onset diabetes and I know that unless I watch it, I'm next. So I've begun making changes--whether it's something as simple as giving up soda and (as I'm doing right now) only putting cinnamon in my oatmeal instead of butter and sugar, or as difficult as talking myself into training regularly. Furthermore, I'm getting married in less than two months and that, more than anything, makes me understand that I've got to get on the ball. The thought of that is always enough to get me up for class, and to work hard at whatever I'm doing--because to make that work, I need to become, and keep becoming, a better person.

My $.02. Cheers...