View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 05:20 AM   #18
Zolley
Dojo: Wimbledon, London
United Kingdom
Re: Teaching children, seeing parents

Quote:
Somedays, your kids are just not having a good day, in which case training with them can just drive you up the wall.
In my case, it turned out that one of the kids was not particiapative because she didn't like tests. I asked several times if she was bored or had some problems but the problems all sounded like excuses. She even wanted to quit. Then on the day of the test, she made a deal with his father that she would do her best and after the test she can decide whether she wants to keep coming to trainings. I managed to learn about her strong 'anti-test' feeling after the exam (which went very well) when she was more relaxed and she said she actually liked trainings but not the exams (I guess all of them have more than enough tests in their lives these days, especially if they attend lots of different extra classes). So what started as boredom turned out to be exam-shyness. I'll see if she will come back after the summer holidays...

It's great to teach, I have learned so much about people (and something about techniques ).

Zolley
http://onlineaikido.com