View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #72
hoi
United_States
Re: O'Sensei teaching Aikido at the Hombu Dojo after WWII

Quote:
Katherine Derbyshire wrote: View Post
On the other hand, someone who chooses to support his position by publishing a private conversation with an unnamed source shouldn't be surprised when people ask for supporting details.

Katherine
Yes, you are right ... that is if Mr. Harden is an unknow character just recently popped out from under some proverbial rock. But his integrity has been vouched by many well-knowned and reputable people ... well, that is if those people are within your circle-of-trust. They are to me -- this might seems like an appeal to authority, and perhaps it is -- I rely on their knowledge and judgement.

I understand Mr. Sorrentino's insistence for background credentials. But by now, most should understand Mr. Harden's M.O.: he is not going to divulge those information. I don't think he is doing that to hide behind some questionable intention. So, one can read his anecdotes with a tablespoonful of salt, view him like a weird uncle telling mesmerizing tales, ignore him completely, or however one prefers.

Whatever the case, I am certain approaching him in a cordial manner will open the doors easier, and I have heard you can grease the hinges with mojito.

Perhaps Mr. Sorrentino's signature line was a bit grating to my sensitivity, and my response was undeserved ... for that I am sorry. Perhaps it touched a bit closed to home. Doh! Did I just say that out loud?

Anyhow That is my observation.

Cordially,

Hoi Pham