View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #42
LinTal
Dojo: Aikido Terrey Hills
Australia
Re: What would you do? (Older male teacher with young female student)

Quote:
William Hazen wrote: View Post
The only thing I can see is that this man has an issue with his own morality and he thinks this particular Dojo and Dojo-Cho shares some of the "blame".

I know allot of men and woman in relationships that share a 10 to 30 year age difference between partners. Who am I to judge?
Age difference becomes a much more pertinant issue in youth; the question here isn't essentially (in my opinion) legality, but a reconciliation of headspace. A gap of 10-20 years at, say, the 18y.o. mark would be more more significant than one at the age of 30-40.

It's not about judging, as in placing an emotional quality on the situation. It's about judging to try our best to assess the merit and mutual benefit of a scenario or state as best we can.

As for the rest... I believe this thread has become largely speculative, hence the silence from many responders. Maybe some clarity by the o.p. on the issues raised could be shed. Otherwise, what's the point in going on as we've been? People being taken advantage of is clearly abhorrent, but the extent to which that has happened is questionable, and has been clearly questioned.

Last edited by LinTal : 03-25-2012 at 01:11 PM.

The world changes when you do.