View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 05:40 AM   #11
DH
United_States
Re: Ki-Aikido or Taiji - effectiveness in developing Qi?

Quote:
Chris Hein wrote: View Post
Rob,
I think he meant most judo guys have better internal skills then most "internal" people. I agree with him.
This is a mistake. A confusion of variables.
Again, I argue on two fronts.
Fighting is fighting. MMA is the ultimate equalizer over everything; Aikido, Jujutsu, Boxing, Judo, and BJJ-which many mistake for MMA. But people are shallow. They only see what they see, and they want shortcuts.

a. One may have correct knowledge of some, many or most internal training methods and have low level skills in them.
b. Another may be a good fighter
b will defeat a
Does that mean internal skills are no good and fighters are better? For most people who only see whats in front of them-it means yes.

a. One may have correct knowledge of some, many or most internal training methods and have very good skills in them and is very tough and difficult to handle.
b. Aikido, can't touch him, Judo has a tough time with him as well, yet-good MMA'er defeats him.
Does that mean internal skills are no good and fighters are better? For most people who only see whats in front of them-it means yes.

What it really means that in an all out fight- fighters win. If you don't know how to fight you can't fight. Period

Consider being an internal guy with skills that stop just about anything, give you heavy hands and great takedown resistance, lock resistance and keep you light then heavy at will.
Then
Learn how to fight.

"Judo guys have better internal skills then most "internal" people. Total B.S. -He was slamming the "supposed" internal guys not giving props to Judo. You're just confusing the best skills in the world (grappling :smile ) with the best body training in the word (internal skills)

And don't think I'm dissing Judo-I love judo. A guy once asked me if he should take AIkido or Daito ryu? Which is better?
I told him to find a good Judo dojo, walk in, and ask them.
He stayed.
Dan

Last edited by DH : 03-29-2007 at 05:52 AM.