View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #32
Peter Goldsbury

Dojo: Hiroshima Kokusai Dojo
Japan
Re: Organizations- How important are they to you?

Quote:
Giancarlo DiPierro wrote: View Post
Well I can't speak for other independents but I myself would be happy to help the big organizations by sharing my suggestions on how to improve their standards and practices. If any people from such organizations would like my advice on this matter, either in person or in written form, please feel free to contact me. However, my experience leads me to believe that organizations both big and small are not interested in such outside input and would prefer to keep doing things the way they are they currently doing them. If I'm wrong about that I'd be happy to see them change, but realistically I don't have very high expectations. I've seen how deeply people are entrenched in their own way of doing things and how hard they will fight to stay there, even when they have been freely shown a better way.
Hello Giancarlo,

We have corresponded before, but not about this topic.

I have been following this thread with interest, but have kept my own counsel. However, I would like to take you up on the offer you made in the above paragraph, either here in this thread or in private. I assume that you know who I am, but if you or others do not, I am Chairman of the Internartional Aikido Federation (IAF).

Best wishes,

Peter Goldsbury

P A Goldsbury