View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 04:39 AM   #10
JJF

Dojo: Vestfyn Aikikai Denmark
Denmark
Re: What is a great framework for learning (Aikido) ?

Hi Lars

I think that my reply to one of the other subjects that are currently on the board will explain my point of view further.

Just to elaborate: we are not supposed to 'invent' the techniques rather than we are suppose to assimilate what we pick up from different senseis, training partners, weapons training etc and adjust it to fit our personal circumstances. Our body frame, length of arms and legs, speed and lots of other issues play a vital role.

Instead of making our body fit aikido - I think we should adapt our aikido to fit our bodies and minds. In that way we end up not being carbon copies of our senseis but rather new permutations with unique blends of physical and mental ability combined with unique blends of experience and knowledge.

In my point of view Aikido is not a goal - it's a path. And each and every single one of us will - and should - have unique aikido.

We recently had a DAF training in Odense with three different 'styles' (in lack of a better word) of aikido on the mat for three hours. Where you there? It was very interesting.

Now - if you should happen to go by Fyn some time drop by and let us discuss this further or come to the workshop in june where all DAF dojo's will be gathered. That should be quite interesting

See ya!

JJ

- Jørgen Jakob Friis

Inspiration - Aspiration - Perspiration