View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 12:38 PM   #2
kironin

Dojo: Houston Ki Aikido
United_States
Re: arghhhhhh why cant i do that?

You are better off to ask your teacher for help. If a student of mine is having trouble with ki tests and communicates to me that he is frustrated by it, then I am more than happy to spend a little extra time working out what the problems are. I have had a lot of experience at that by now and it's rewarding to help someone make progress. There is no one way to learn this and so I have all sorts of ways to approach this to help trigger understanding and give a student more awareness of what needs adjusting physically and mentally. This is a great website, but it's not a replacement for talking with you teacher. That's what we are there for.

You also need to understand that people don't all progress at the same rate and things often go forward in spurts. You may not be aware of progress but it's likely there, keep training. I bet there are other students that feel the same way.

One thing that everyone could work on all the time, is get your ego out of it. During practice, be willing to FAIL a lot doing exactly what is being taught. Stop trying to succeed at all costs including the principles you are trying to learn. I often see people struggle with ki tests because unconsciously they try to "win" rather than "trust" following the correct principles. One has to be vigliant and honest at higher levels even more so. One never stops working on this.