View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 04:14 PM   #15
ShugyoSystems
Australia
Re: Poll: Should religion play a part in an aikido curriculum?

Quote:
Lynn Seiser wrote:
Should? Usually means it isn't. Should according to who?
Or, that it already is, but that's under question. Or both. Or neither. Or Noth, or Beither

Quote:
Lynn Seiser wrote:
Religion? Which religion? If we are true to O'Sensei that would be Omoto/Shinto. If by religion you mean to socio-political network used for self propagation and control, then no. If you are implying the spiritual beliefs that underlying the idea and practice that there is more to the world than my little ego and judgmental opinions about right/wrong and good/bad, then i can support spiritual teachings through the physical practice.
Well said

Quote:
Lynn Seiser wrote:
Play? Yes, we should enjoy ourself. IMHO, people take themselves far too seriously and too personally.
WE DO NOT!!!!

heheheheehh

Quote:
Lynn Seiser wrote:
A part? Which part of the whole? How much? Implicitly taught through the techniques are explicit taught as conversion? IMHO, many of the spiritual concepts are implied in the techniques. It already is and will always be a part of Aikido whether people overtly practice it or not.
How much? as my Mum used to say, "About as long as a piece of string"

That second bit is gold. I was hesitant to say it in here I thought I'd start a war Couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Lynn Seiser wrote:
An? Not "the"?
See below

Quote:
Lynn Seiser wrote:
Curriculum? According to which Sensei, school, style, or affiliation? To each there own.
They'll all become one, one day. Maybe when the tectonic plates all merge and we are all melted into the magma and drawn over millions of years into the core of the earth... maybe sooner

Quote:
Lynn Seiser wrote:
So after all that, no.
Hehehehe Yeh I almost posted saying there should be a "maybe" button