View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 01:48 PM   #527
Nicholas Eschenbruch
Dojo: TV Denzlingen
Germany
Re: Ueshiba's Aiki

Quote:
Ken McGrew wrote: View Post
Do you have training in historical analysis? I do. I don't intend to teach you for free. You need to go get a Ph.D. if you are going to play historian. I am not interested in all the work that would be involved in undermining your agenda and efforts to support it based on your historical research. Others will. If you want to do a good job you will have to deal with ALL of the available evidence. I can tell you, here's a hint, that personal narratives (like diaries) carry a great deal of weight in historical analysis. More so than edited newspaper articles.
Mr McGrew, you have no methodological reason for the arrogance you display. I should think that personal narratives may carry weight when you research personal experience, but when you are trying to establish a higher degree of facticity of events, personal narratives are known to be quite unreliable unless backed up by other sources, which you dont have. The mere fact that you make the sweeping statements you make is not exactly reassuring regarding the quality of the training you are claiming.

For the record, I have differed with Mark on historical method on more than one occasion, and no, I do not think his evidence is academically sound, but it is a lot better than your claims to Saotome Sensei's memory.

Last edited by Nicholas Eschenbruch : 11-17-2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: last sentence