View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 08:54 PM   #150
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States
Re: Video definitions, "Aiki" and other terms.

personally, i can't define aiki or even demonstrate it. haven't been around the block (stay mainly in my own yard most of the time) nor have the experiences most martial artists. my thoughts run along the line, if you have never being punch in the face, i can describe with every terms known to man along with every communication methods, you won't know what it feel like until you actually get punch in the face. thus, the terms It Has To Be Felt. Ikeda sensei said many times that if folks see video of him or even watch with their own eyes, they would think that what he does is fake. as someone who has been on the receiving end of him, there is nothing fake about it. same goes to Mike Sigman, Howard Popkin and Endo sensei who i had the honor of being on the receiving end of their aiki (or whatever). i can honestly say that they feel the same and different from the rest of aikido folks that i have encountered. i like the feel of these few teachers where each brought to the table different aspects of the same aiki (or whatever that they do).

now if you want to discuss the basic training of such thing (the undefined stuffs), then i might be able to contribute to the discussion or maybe not.

*just a padawan (you have to figure out of jedi or sith)*